Ideal for entrepreneurs, go-getters, thought leaders, and just plain busy people, developmental editing is an in-depth approach that involves reorganizing, expanding, and/or tightening content; strengthening transitions; and clarifying a central argument. Rather than giving you a revision road map to run with, we assess your book and review a plan with you, and then we get down to business by diving in and doing the heavy lifting we’ve discussed.
This approach includes several stages, with check-in points to make sure we’re on the same page along the way.
What we do:
• Consider your priorities and goals
• Analyze your book’s structure, argument, and audience
• Present you with a plan for revision
• Revise content based on the revision plan
• Give you multiple opportunities to offer feedback and make changes
• Deliver a redline-free text
Time frame: 1-4 weeks per stage